Ben Affleck is an American actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. Ben Affleck is well-known for a number of high-profile films, including ‘Good Will Hunting,’ ‘Argo,’ and ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.’
How old is Casey Holmes?
Ben Affleck was born Benjamin Geza Affleck on August 15, 1972, in Berkeley, California, to Christopher Anne and Timothy Byers Affleck. And he is currently 47 years old. Before becoming a photographer, his father tried his hand at a variety of jobs. Ben’s mother was a teacher. His parents divorced when he was 11 years old. He has a younger brother, Casey Affleck, who is also a film actor. After the divorce, Affleck and his siblings relocated to Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Schooling of Casey Holmes
Affleck was always interested in acting and did small roles such as appearing in a Burger King commercial. In 1984, he was cast in the PBS miniseries ‘The Voyage of the Mimi.’ It was a science show that depicted the crew of Mini exploring the ocean.
Affleck went to Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, where he met his co-star, co-writer, and close friend Matt Damon, who was two years his senior. Before Affleck landed significant roles in ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and ‘School Ties,’ they spent their time together doing underage drinking and smoking marijuana. He played a major role in the cult classic ‘Dazed and Confused’ in 1990.
As a result, he was accepted to the University of Virginia, but due to a girlfriend, he enrolled at the University of Vermont. Furthermore, because his affair was one-sided, he left it with no credit. Finally, he had spent a year and a half at Occidental College in Los Angeles studying Middle Eastern affairs.
Does Casey Holmes have a Girlfriend Currently?
Taking a break from their self-quarantine, the new couple was spotted walking de Armas’s dog around the block in Pacific Palisades, California. According to Page Six, Ben Affleck has a new romantic interest after being spotted in Cuba with his co-star Ana de Armas. During their walk, they even exchanged a quick kiss. They play husband and wife in the upcoming psychological thriller Deep Water.
Similarly, the co-stars were spotted shopping together at Clandestina. They were seen dining together at a cozy restaurant called La Corte del Principe. Both were seen getting close at the Havana airport before boarding a private jet together to return to America.
Affleck has had relationships with Shauna Sexton (2018), Lindsay Shookus (2015 – 2019), Gwyneth Paltrow (1997 – 2000), and Cheyenne Rothman (1990 – 1997). He has had encounters with Katie Cherry (2019) and Christine Ouzounian (2015). He was said to have had an affair with Enza Sambataro (2004).
Affleck entered rehab for his drinking problem in 2001. He sought advice from his friend and actor Charlie Sheen before deciding to spend time in a rehab facility to recover from alcoholism. In 2002, while filming ‘Gigli,’ Affleck and actress/singer Jennifer Lopez became close, and Affleck began making public statements about how much he admires her and showed up at the opening of her Pasadena restaurant. After dating for two years, the couple decided to marry. They split up four days before their wedding.
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner first met on the set of a film in 2000. At the time, Garner was married to Scott Foley. Furthermore, in an interview with Playboy, he stated, “We met on ‘Pearl Harbor,’ which people despise, but we fell in love with ‘Daredevil.’” By the way, she won the majority of the fights in the film, which was a pretty good predictor of what would happen later on — my wife, holding swords and beating the living s— out of me.”
Graner and Ben began dating in 2004, married in 2005, and divorced in 2018. Affleck and Garner became parents for the first time in December, when Garner gave birth to their daughter, Violet. Garner gave birth to their second daughter, Seraphina Rose, in early January 2009. Garner and Affleck’s son, Samuel Garner Affleck, was born in February 2012.
At the Golden Globes, Affleck was named best director for his work on “Argo.” In his speech, he thanked Garner, saying, “I adore you, I love you.” In 2013, he said, “You’re my everything.”
Christine Ouzounian, a nanny
On June 26, Ben Affleck left Garner’s vacation and took the family’s nanny Christine Ouzounian to a charity poker tournament in Las Vegas. Several sources confirmed Affleck’s relationship with 28-year-old Ouzounian.
Affleck and Garner issued a statement to People magazine about their divorce days after the nanny report surfaced. That stated, “After much thought and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to divorce.” We move forward with love and friendship for one another, as well as a commitment to co-parenting our children, whose privacy we ask to be respected during this difficult time. This will be our only comment on this private, family matter. Thank you for your understanding.”
Garner discussed her divorce from Affleck in a candid interview with Vanity Fair. Garner stated, “We had been separated for months before I heard about the nanny.” She had nothing to do with our decision to divorce. She was not a factor in the equation. Poor decision-making? Yes.”
She went on to say that he is the “love of her life,” asking, “What am I going to do about that?” He’s the brightest person in any room, the most charismatic, and the most generous. He’s just a complicated guy.” Almost a year later, unnamed sources told People magazine that Affleck and Garner had called off their divorce, though they weren’t back together. Garner and Affleck filed for divorce almost two years after their separation.
Affleck reportedly began dating “Saturday Night Live” producer Lindsay Shookus months after moving out. People magazine confirmed that Shookus and Affleck had split up. They were photographed together several more times.
On October 4, 2018, Affleck took to Instagram to open up about his struggles with addiction and to express gratitude to those who have supported him throughout his journey. Three years after their separation, the two celebrities finalized their divorce on October 5, 2018. Affleck told the New York Times that his divorce from Garner was his “biggest regret.”
Controversies of Casey Holmes
In October 2017, MTV correspondent Hilarie Burton accused Ben Affleck of groping her during a TRL appearance in 2001. She accused him of touching her breasts while hugging her. Similarly, Affleck publicly apologized for his inappropriate behavior.
Career line of Casey Holmes
- After appearing in films such as ‘Lifestories: Families in Crisis (1990),’ ‘School Ties (1992),’ ‘Dazed and Confused (1993),’ ‘Mallrats (1995),’ and ‘Chasing Amy (1997),’ Affleck made his directorial debut with his 16-minute short comedy ‘Killed My Lesbian Wife, Hung Her on a Meat Hook, and Now I Have a Three-Picture Deal
- During his early years, he worked with director and writer Kevin Smith and starred in his film ‘Jersey Girl.’ He also appeared in each of Smith’s ‘View Askenwniverse- Jersey’ films. He also appeared on several episodes of ‘Saturday Night Live’ early in his career.
- That was in 1997, when Affleck made a name for himself alongside actor and close friend Matt Damon. They both wrote it together in order to turn it into a screenplay. Furthermore, they both later appeared in the film, which told the story of a complicated math genius who works as a janitor at MIT.
- Harvey Weinstein paid a million dollars for the script that Affleck and Damon co-wrote. And the film was nominated for two Awards, one of which was for Best Original Screenplay. And the film’s success catapulted Affleck into international celebrity overnight.
- Affleck was cast in the action film ‘Armageddon,’ alongside Bruce Willis and Liv Tyler. The film received mixed reviews, but it was a commercial success in 1998.
- In addition, he appeared in the film ‘Daredevil’ in 2003. It was the film adaptation of the famous comic series, and Affleck had been a fan of it since he was a child. The film, which starred his future wife Jennifer Garner, was a box office success. In the same year, he appeared in Gigli, and the following year, in ‘Surviving Christmas.’
- In 2006, Affleck starred in the HBO series ‘Hollywoodland.’ It was a biopic about the critically acclaimed and well-known artist George Reeves. Similarly, he won Best Actor at the Venice Film Festival. And he was even nominated for a Golden Globe. He did ‘Smokin’ Aces,’ which received mixed reviews from critics and was a commercial flop in 2007. In the same year, he directed his first film, ‘Gone Baby Gone.’
- He appeared in films such as ‘He’s Just Not That Into You,’ ‘The State of Play,’ and ‘Extract’ in 2009. In ‘He’s Just Not That Into You,’ Affleck co-starred with Jennifer Aniston, Justin Long, Bradley Cooper, Drew Barrymore, and others.
- Similarly, he co-wrote the screenplay for the film, which was based on the novel ‘Prince of Thieves.’ In 2010, critics gave the film mixed reviews. In 2012, he directed another film called ‘Argo,’ which starred George Clooney in the lead role.
- For his direction in the film, he received a Golden Globe, two Directors Guild of America awards, and a BAFTA award.
- In 2013, he hosted the sketch comedy show ‘Saturday Night Live.’ Ben Affleck starred in David Fincher’s psychological thriller ‘Gone Girl.’ Furthermore, in 2016, he was nominated for a Golden Globe.