Facts of Narendra Modi
|Full Name:||Narendra Modi|
|Birthday:||September 17, 1950|
|Husband/Boyfriend/Wife/Girlfriend:||Jashodaben Heeraben Modi|
|Net Worth:||Rs.2.85 crore|
|Profession:||India’s current Prime Minister|
|Sibling:||Amrit Modi, Pankaj Modi, Prahlad Modi, Soma Modi, Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi|
|Father:||Damodardas Mulchand Modi|
Narendra Modi is a main Indian legislator who made a vow as the fourteenth Prime Minister of India. He’s turning into the first since forever PM brought into the world after the state got its autonomy from the UK.
What is the Age of Narendra Modi?
Narendra Damodardas Modi was born into a grocer’s family in the Gujarat town of Vadnagar in the Mehsana district. He was born on September 17, 1950, to Damodardas Mulchand Modi and Heeraben Modi. The couple had six children, with Narendra Modi being the third eldest.
His struggle began as a teenager when he and his brother ran a tea stall near an Ahmedabad railway station. Somabhai, one of his brothers, is a retired health officer who now runs an old age home in the city of Ahmedabad. Another of his brothers, Prahlad, is an activist on behalf of fair-price shop owners and owns a fair-price shop in Ahmedabad. Pankaj, his third brother, works in Gandhinagar’s Information Department.
Education Background of Narendra Modi
Modi completed his studies despite all odds. He attended school in Vadnagar and later earned a master’s degree in political science from Gujarat University. One of his teachers described him as an average student who was a brilliant debater.
During his college days, he worked as a ‘pracharak’ (promoter) for the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He left home at the age of 17 and traveled across the country for the next two years.
Career Line of Narendra Modi
- Narendra Modi is India’s current Prime Minister.
- In the Lok Sabha, he is a member of the Varanasi constituency.
- He is the most visible leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He is regarded as a master strategist for his party.
- He has served as Gujarat’s Chief Minister for four terms in a row.
- Later, in the 1990s, when Modi was the BJP’s official spokesperson in New Delhi, he completed a three-month course in public relations and image management in the United States.
- During the Indo-Pak war in 1965, Narendra Modi volunteered to help soldiers at railway stations.
- During the 1967 Gujarat floods, he also helped those in need.
- Modi began his career in the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation’s staff canteen.
- He eventually became a full-time proponent and campaigner for the RSS, known as a ‘pracharak’.
- Modi later received training at the RSS camp in Nagpur.
- It is a requirement for any RSS member to complete the training course before being appointed to any official position in the Sangh Parivar.
- Narendra Modi was appointed as the head of the student wing, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- His contribution to the anti-emergency movement impressed senior political leaders.
- As a result, he was eventually appointed regional organizer of the newly formed Bharatiya Janata Party in Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi was an excellent organizer from a young age.
- During the Emergency, he arranged for the covert distribution of RSS pamphlets and also organized protests against the Emergency rule.
- During his RSS days, he met two Jan Sangh leaders, Vasant Gajendragadkar and Nathalal Jaghda, who later founded the Gujarat state unit of the BJP.
- The RSS introduced Narendra Modi to politics in 1987 by endorsing his candidacy for the BJP.
- Modi’s efficiency was recognized, and he rose to prominence after managing the Ekta Yatra for Murli Manohar Joshi.